Miss Merci's Guest Book

Sunday, November 16, 2008


It was just a week ago that we brought Merci home. I woke up at 7 a.m. and she was still snoozing her her chair in our room. So I got my walking clothes on and went over to her and she stretched and yawned and I gave her some cuddles and tickled her tummy. She was groaning and when I stopped, flipped my hand with her snout for more lovin'. She's really warmed up to us in a short time. A week ago, she'd barely let me pet her and that was even with some coaxing. She has been eating standing up a lot of the time, but reverted back to laying down to have her breakfast this morning.. I snapped this while Chris and I were reading the Sunday paper and having coffee. She doesn't beg for food at all which we find shocking!!!
With all the walks, she was in need of a bath bigtime.. so I got her up to the bathtub today and she was all fine with that until the water came on! She did ok until we got to the face and she really didn't want to have anything to do with that part and tried to jump out of the tub. (so different from Zoey who loved water and jumped in the tub for me) I barely got wet, so that was good. She is excellent about getting brushed!! Just stood there like a trooper (so different from Zoey who would run and hide when the brush came out). So, today was another first for us and I say she passed with flying colors!



















No comments: